I have been far too busy all month, and it's only the 10th! All I can do is think about what I'd rather be doing when I'm working on my homework. I seriously have a list of ten things I'd like to blog about...so I'm going to cross one off the list, even though I really should be doing some reading for class tomorrow! One of my homework assignments is a 4 week long project that requires me to eat a flexitarian diet (semi-vegetarian). I'm actually really enjoying this and I'm trying all sorts of new recipes in the process. Here's one that I thought was so delicious I just have to share it! It is a recipe from The Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook which I have tweaked just a little.
Winter Squash with Cranberries & Raisins
2 acorn squashes, halved and seeded
1/2 cup Craisins
1 small apple, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
Juice and grated zest of 1 orange
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the over to 375F. Place the squash cut sides up in a lightly oiled baking dish, and set aside.
2. Combine the Craisins, apple, raisins, orange juice, zest, honey, and salt in a bowl, and mix to blend. Pile the mixture into the squash cavities, and cover.
3. Bake until the squash is tender, 30-60 minutes (I know this is a wide range, but the actual recipe said less than 1 hour, and ours took an hour!). Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving dish and serve warm. Serves 4 (that's half an acorn squash a piece, so maybe more than 4).
If you decide to make this, let me know how it turns out for you! It makes a beautiful presentation if you decide to serve it for company. Enjoy!
Comments