Skip to main content

Where did April go?

This month has gone by so fast! I can't believe Tuesday will mark the first day of May, and Wednesday will be my birthday. Time is flying!!


Thankful list for the past week:
  • Darren rigged up the baby swing so it doesn't operate on batteries any more. A week ago the batteries died in the swing in the evening and I thought it was no big deal, because I knew we had three D batteries hanging around in the battery stash. Little did I know that those D batteries from the stash were no good...I panicked because Walt has ONLY been sleeping in the swing; how would I get any sleep?? Mr. Jack-of-all-trades found an old cell phone charger that had the correct voltage and converted the battery operated swing to a plug-in swing. Hallelujah!! I couldn't be happier that I don't have to worry about dead batteries any more :o)
  • Darren the exterminator. Once again my man was to the rescue! The same day the swing quit, I found ants in the kitchen. Darren had those ants gone in minutes. He's my hero.
  • Walt makes church easy for me by sleeping through virtually the entire block.
  • When Darren missed the last train home and waited at the wrong bus stop, me and the little ones hopped in the car and drove downtown to bring home. This was the second time we've done this since D started working downtown, and both times the timing was just right and Walt was a champ for the entire trip.
  • Running just one mile at a time. I did this twice in the past week and two short yoga sessions as well. Slow and steady is my plan for exercise right now. I'm not going to push myself too hard or too fast. I just don't need to disappoint myself right now. I'm learning to be happy with my small victories.
  • Running errands with the little ones went smoothly. I proved to myself that I am capable of taking two children to the grocery store on my own. It's all about the timing at this point!
  • Lila did really good with eating a variety of foods this week. I was so proud of her! Just a couple of weeks ago I felt as though her entire diet consisted of less than 5 different things. I'm glad that it was probably just a phase. This past week she ate raw SPINACH (plain) and asked for more. I was happy to feed her spinach several nights in a row, per her request :o) 
  • I loved that Lila read "Danny and the Dinosaur" to Walt one evening. So cute.
  • Walt transitioned out of the newborn phase this past week. I've actually been able to spend time playing with him. We had some sweet play time while listening to the Supremes and I may have spent the rest of the week singing "Baby Love" to him :o) 
  • Walt started letting me rock him to sleep in the glider rocker this week. My back thanks my baby boy! Previously I was having to put him in the sling and walk around...and around...and around. 
  • This week I finally framed the Minerva Tichert print I bought while I was in Utah over Christmas. Darren also put up floating shelves in the living room for me and I finally feel like my house is starting to feel a bit more homey.
  • Talking to my sister on the phone. 
  • Sleeping in until 9! 
  • VT at the park. 
  • Lila: playing with friends at the park, napping and being helpful, taking her to the bookstore, and baking in the kitchen with her. 
  • Staying up too late with Darren learning about the camera. 
  • All 3 of us napping at the same time in our own beds. 
  • Running errands, going out to lunch, and having naps as a family over the weekend. 
  • Trying new recipes that turned out well. 
  • Going to the grocery store by myself.
  • Appliances that make my daily chores easy (I'm so glad I don't have to hand wash the endless mountain of spit-up covered laundry!).
  • Having friends over for dinner on Sunday after they woke up to a broken fridge/freezer. It feels good to know I can have people over because I've adjusted to life with two kids.


This was over the weekend--Lila was great while we were running errands, but she read through her books before the trip ended (notice the 5 books surrounding her? :)

Lila showing you her braids with ribbons in them.


Walt being his cute self on the play mat. Don't you just want to kiss those cheeks??

Lila giving me the "Home Alone" face (not that she knows it, haha). I was just playing with the settings on the camera, and she was making faces.

Vanity shot of my "good" side, haha. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...