Good things in the past week:
Lovely spring walks with the babes. There's a meadow at the park that's just up the street from us and it was full of hundreds of moths and butterflies. It was such a pretty sight to see!
Darren successfully swaddled Walt and life has subsequently been a bit easier! We had unsuccessfully tried swaddling him in the Aden + Anais swaddling blankets I bought, and I just thought our sweet little boy didn't like being swaddled. Darren got out one of the flannel blankets my mom sent and swaddled him in it and it worked like a charm! He's just like Lila was--a high needs baby who needs swaddled, swung, and shushed with white noise.
The ward Easter picnic was a fun Saturday activity and Lila wouldn't have had an egg hunt if we hadn't gone! We're pretty bad about celebrating the holidays, so it was fun to get together with our ward and watch all the little children have fun together.
Park day with friends from church. Fridays are park day and I look forward to it as much as I look forward to our library trips. The park seems to be a pretty easy place to take the little ones by myself as well.
Lastly, I was thankful for a spiritual epiphany. Since General Conference was just this past Sunday, several things have been on my mind. I took some time during the week to review a couple of the talks, and I had a chat with a friend that I didn't think was related, but it all led up to me having a greater understanding of some gospel principles. Its amazing how it feels as though growing older and being a parent have helped me grow spiritually by leaps and bounds.
Lovely spring walks with the babes. There's a meadow at the park that's just up the street from us and it was full of hundreds of moths and butterflies. It was such a pretty sight to see!
Darren successfully swaddled Walt and life has subsequently been a bit easier! We had unsuccessfully tried swaddling him in the Aden + Anais swaddling blankets I bought, and I just thought our sweet little boy didn't like being swaddled. Darren got out one of the flannel blankets my mom sent and swaddled him in it and it worked like a charm! He's just like Lila was--a high needs baby who needs swaddled, swung, and shushed with white noise.
| Walt is getting so chubby! 5 weeks old |
| Here's Lila on our walk with her bunny that Grandma sent her for Easter. Can you tell she likes her bunny? :o) |
Bountiful Baskets! I picked up my first Bountiful Basket and loved it. BB is a food co-op that offers fresh produce and bread at an unbelievably love price. For $15 my basket contained: a bunch of asparagus, a bag of Brussels sprouts, 4 large zucchini, 6 tomatoes, a head of Romaine lettuce, 4 sweet potatoes, a bunch of broccoli, a pineapple, half a dozen each of apples and oranges, a large bunch of bananas, and 3 grapefruit. I was impressed with all of it, and most especially the pineapple and oranges which I have a hard time picking good ones at the grocery store myself. I'm so excited for my next basket!
Me and the little ones went on a successful trip to the library. I look forward to our weekly library trips because the library is somewhere I'm comfortable taking Lila and Walt by myself. The children's section is in its own wing of the library that is closed off from the rest of the library and it also has it's own bathrooms. This makes the library our perfect destination because I can easily sit in a chair and feed Walt if he starts to fuss, and if Lila needs to use the girls room it's right there. It makes for a stress-free trip for the mama :o)
Me and the little ones went on a successful trip to the library. I look forward to our weekly library trips because the library is somewhere I'm comfortable taking Lila and Walt by myself. The children's section is in its own wing of the library that is closed off from the rest of the library and it also has it's own bathrooms. This makes the library our perfect destination because I can easily sit in a chair and feed Walt if he starts to fuss, and if Lila needs to use the girls room it's right there. It makes for a stress-free trip for the mama :o)
| After the library we stopped at Tropical Smoothie Cafe for a treat :o) |
Lastly, I was thankful for a spiritual epiphany. Since General Conference was just this past Sunday, several things have been on my mind. I took some time during the week to review a couple of the talks, and I had a chat with a friend that I didn't think was related, but it all led up to me having a greater understanding of some gospel principles. Its amazing how it feels as though growing older and being a parent have helped me grow spiritually by leaps and bounds.
Comments