Skip to main content

Weekend update: pictures AND video!

Well this week felt kind of unproductive for me, but it's probably just because I finally let myself slow down and even do some relaxing. 
Here's the list of all the good things from this past week:
  • I put away my financial management homework and let myself do more nesting. The living room got rearranged a bit, closets got reorganized, and floors got swept and vacuumed. 
  • An Ikea trip for me and Lila. Lila got to play in Smalland now, and I wanted to put curtains up in my bedroom before baby boy's arrival, so it was a successful trip for both of us. 
  • I've enjoyed sleeping in a little later since Darren put up the new curtains (mentioned above) this week.
  • Taking Lila for a well child visit so I could meet our chosen pediatrician before baby boy arrives. Lila's stats are: 38" tall (75th percentile), and 28 lbs. (25th percentile). She's long and lean and healthy. Lila didn't need any vaccinations, so she was a very good sport about the appointment, and even excited to go have an "examination." I think with all of my midwife appointments she's very interested in medical visits right now. At my appointments she always asks to help pump up the blood pressure cuff and help with the doppler to hear baby brother's heartbeat. It's very cute :o)
  • I bought a shredder a couple of weeks ago and finally took the time to put it to use this week. It was such a relief to get the paperwork and mail that had been piling up sorted through and shredded. I just wish we would stop getting mail (except for packages from loved ones)! I've signed up for paperless billing and notifications for everything I can think of, but credit card offers and other junk just seem unavoidable. 
  • For several weeks now I haven't been able to take a long nap with Lila. I would fall asleep with her, then 20 minutes later my mind would be wide awake and I would have to get up and utilize the rest of that precious nap time to get something done. I finally had a day of exhaustion where I had no trouble sleeping nearly two hours cuddled next to my Lila girl. It was bliss.
  • I took my first bath in this house. It felt very nice, I might add. See, I really did let myself relax this week!
  • Sister Beck came to the area for our Central Texas Women's Conference and I went and heard her speak on Friday night. It was really great and just what I needed to hear. 
  • Play dates with friends for Lila. We had three this week and I took Lila to the park twice; keeping her busy keeps me happy!
  • Warm sunshine and cool rain. The weather varied quite a bit this week, and I thought it was pretty nice.
  • Darren had more job interviews this week; one of these interviews even produced an offer! The offer is for a local job in IOS development, and the other interview he did was with a company out of state. We're holding off on making an employment decisions until after the baby comes. It's nice to know that Darren has an option for a job he would prefer!
There were plenty of good things this week, but sadly Darren also ended up being sick this weekend. We think it's just allergy related, but that just makes me wish we weren't living here. I really need a healthy husband; we're having a baby anytime now and I can't have him feeling awful! I'm praying that he feels better this week and he doesn't get sick again before the baby comes. Thankfully, I have still been feeling very good and my only complaint is swelling, which seems worst by the end of the day. The rain this weekend gave me an excuse to put my boots on and hide my swollen feet. 

38+ weeks and you can see it in my face that I'm swollen now. The end is near!

Pics of Lila on her rope swing Darren installed in her bedroom last week. You'll notice the Articles of Faith taped to her bedroom wall behind her.


Here is a video Darren took of Lila reading Curious George before bed one night. Only watch this if you don't mind seeing our 3 year old read. I don't want to brag on her, but I do need to document for my little girl that she indeed was an early reader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...