Counting my blessings this week:
- I’m thankful for energy this week! I’m definitely zapped of energy by the end of the day, but I’ve had plenty enough energy to continue cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, and organizing.
- I’m so thankful for my good health! Darren and Lila had colds this past week, but not me. And I continue to be virtually ache-free. I’m still swollen this week and know I will be until D-day, but other than not particularly liking the way I look swollen, it’s not really causing me any trouble.
- Lila made some progress on more independence when using the bathroom. She even learned to hang the hand towel back up on the rack...which makes a slightly neat-freak mother happy :o)
- I continued stocking up the freezer this week: I made six loaves of bread, whole wheat waffles, banana chocolate chip muffins, cilantro-lime rice, and tortilla soup. Now I just have to stay away from my stash until baby comes...
- One of lifes simple pleasures for me is eating fresh made bread. Lila and I had the most delicious PB&J sandwiches on warm, fresh bread. Mmmmm.
- The ward activity this month was a family game night. Lila was thrilled to go to the church on a Saturday night and play games with her friends, and it was nice for the adults to do the same.
- Our ward is awesome. I feel so grateful to have so many offers of help with Lila when the baby comes. This is such a relief since we don’t live near any family.
- The Friend magazine is so wonderful! I can’t believe I waited until Lila was 3 to get a subscription to this awesome Church magazine. I love the simple messages and how much Lila loves to sit and read through it. It’s been especially great at keeping her occupied during sacrament meetings and a great tool for FHE.
- I’m so thankful that I have been counting my blessings each week. I think a blog is a great way to document all the happy things in life. I try not to post any negativity that I feel throughout my week because I want to look back and remember all the good in life. Sometimes that means a blog paints a picture of a seemingly perfect life. Although my week was far from perfect, I’m glad that I can count my blessings and focus on those. Keeping track of the blessings encourages me to look for more good in the following week.
Pregnancy update at 39 weeks 4 days:
I forgot to mention it above, but I love the midwives at the Austin Area Birthing Center! I’m excited to see which of the lovely women will be on call on D-day. My appointment this last week was with the German midwife, Roswitha. She is so sweet to let Lila help measure my belly, run the Doppler, and pump up the blood pressure cuff. When Roswitha was feeling my belly to check baby boy’s position, she said she suspects that he’s at least as big as Lila was when she was born (8 lbs). I’m kind of anxious to find out how big this boy is! I’m in no way worried about his size, whatever it is (after all, baby fat squishes!), but I can hardly wait to meet him and see how different he is from Lila.
Today I had so many people come up to me at church and ask me if I was so done with pregnancy or if the baby was overdue. When people have asked about my due date over the last few months I have just responded that the baby is “due” the last week in February. So I guess I shouldn’t give people such a a hard time about asking me if I’m ready for this pregnancy to be over, but today was just the first day of the last week in February! And I have to say that I did half expect the baby to come this weekend based on my previous pregnancy, but that’s because that’s all the experience I’ve had thus far. Lila was four days early and now we can say that this little boy will not be coming as early as his sister did from her “due” date. But due dates are really just guess dates, so I’m not even worried about it. I’m actually kind of enjoying that with every day he hasn’t come, I’m able to get one more thing done and have one more day with just me and my little girl. And best of all, I’m honestly feeling great...maybe some women can’t identify with feeling great during pregnancy, but please don’t be upset with me for my positive experience! With that said, we’ll see how this week goes :o)
Comments