Well, it's been a tough week for me emotionally. I'm definitely getting close to the end of this pregnancy, and I just can't help wishing I was more ready for baby boy's arrival. I'm trying to just come to terms with where I'm at, lower my expectations for myself, and be happy with life at each moment. I didn't make this list throughout the week like I usually do, and now that I think of it, maybe my week would have been easier to deal with had I been counting my blessings each day. I will do better in the new week! For now, here are the good things I can recall from the past week:
- Catching Lila reading the Articles of Faith instead of sleeping. We have AoF 1-6 printed and pinned to the wall around her bed so we can practice reciting them before bed. Now we know that she likes to practice them instead of going to sleep (but we can't be too upset about that!).
- Lila telling me in the car on the way to church, "Eat it faster, Mommy! Roll down my window!" about my "stinky" tuna sandwich.
- The construction noise has nearly disappeared around here this week. It's pretty nice to have it so quiet.
- Darren having a daddy-daughter date with Lila. I got a break and did some chores and homework in peace while those two went to a trampoline and bounce house place.
- Ultrasound confirming that baby's head is down and in position for birth. I only had one ultrasound with Lila to find out her gender, so it was kind of fun to see this little guy on the screen a second time. And it's wonderful that he's in the proper position!
- Getting midterm 1 done for my financial management class.
- Lila telling me all week about what she and Grandma will do when she comes to visit next month.
- Lila talking to baby brother (my tummy) and asking him to run around and play with her (meaning I had to run around with her to get baby brother to run around).
- Getting a changing table for free from someone in my ward who was moving.
- A clean house. And a big thanks to Darren for the help on the kitchen clean up a couple of days this week. I am so happy that I have the energy to keep up on the housework. A clean house just makes me happy.
- A visiting teacher who called me midweek just to see how I was doing and how the baby preparations are going.
- Numerous compliments on my "cute" baby bump. Once again, I am most grateful for feeling good, but it's nice to be complimented on looking good too. And maybe you all can't tell from my prego pictures, but I have gained a little over 30 lbs. and while it definitely appears to mostly be in my belly region, believe me when I tell you that my buns and thighs have expanded as well (ahh, the tricks of dressing to hide the flaws and accentuate the bump :o)
Well I hope to be off of the emotional roller coaster this week and just enjoy my last weeks with just one child in the house. Me and Lila's days with only each other are numbered...we'll just have to see how many more days that will be from now!
Comments