Skip to main content

The last month of pregnancy

36+ weeks and feeling great!

Lila being a "T" for Turetzky

This pic is kinda blown out, but aren't her eyes so lovely? Not every picture captures how pretty they are.

Hair-do of the week. A braid in front to keep the wispies out of her eyes, and a princess bun :o)


Week 5 - Counting my blessings
  • 5th week lesson at church that motivated me to share the gospel more
  • more rain this week! interspersed with days of sunny 70’s :o) Winter in Austin is pretty nice, for the allergy-free like myself
  • A successful day where I actually got my workout and shower in first-thing in the a.m., sent Lila to a friends house while I studied and took a quiz, took Lila for a walk, got Lila to take a full 2 hour nap while I worked on more homework and my Hypnobabies, and I made a great quick & easy dinner, played games with L & D before sending L to bed, got the dishes done, and had more time to study. Talk about a productive day (finally--I’ve been struggling lately)! Oh yeah, and I took Lila to the park before dinner too :o)
  • The Carinessa garment tops that were back ordered arrived in the mail on Tuesday and it made my day!! I have found this style top to be the ideal pregnancy garment top for me. I went one size up from normal and ordered a tall and I’m one comfy 36 week pregnant lady :o) (I thought there wasn’t a chance that these would come before the baby came, so I’m quite happy to wear them for the last month of pregnancy!)
  • It was my Grandma’s birthday this past week and I took the opportunity to reflect on all my happy childhood memories with her. I wrote her a letter with my memories and it was a time for happy reflection. Grandma’s are wonderful :o)
  • Darren’s group at work threw us a baby shower and it was so kind of them to shower us with a few more baby necessities.
  • Once again, I’m so grateful for a healthy and comfortable pregnancy. My midwife appointment this week went well and me and baby boy continue to grow!
  • Teaching Lila how to mop the floor “Cinderella” style. I haven’t found a mop that does the job to my liking yet (although I’m seriously considering getting a steam mop soon), so when I mop it’s on my hands and knees. Not only might you consider this “Cinderella” style, which in Lila’s opinion makes me royalty (haha!), this is a great position to be in to keep baby in the correct upside down position for birth.
  • Nesting. I’ve really gotten the itch to nest ever since having baby showers and entering the month in which the baby will be born. This week I washed and folded all the little clothes and packed the baby’s things into the bag to take to the birthing center. I have much more nesting I want to do (little sewing and organizing projects), but I really must focus on studying and getting my two midterms out of the way before D-day comes. “Just stay focused,” is my mantra now!
  • Ikea’s Small land (or however they spell it!). Lila is potty trained and tall enough now to be dropped off at the play area, so I took advantage of this the other afternoon and enjoyed an hour of browsing and searching for a few things I needed. Lila did not want to leave. She’s been begging to go back ever since. Good marketing ploy, Ikea. I see myself going to Ikea more often just because it’s a free play area!
  • Darren’s creativity this weekend gave Lila a rope swing in her bedroom (pictures to come soon!). This should equal hours of fun for Lila and friends.
  • They finished paving the new road that borders one side of our house and it made me so happy this week. Finally a lot less noise will be heard and a lot less dust!

Comments

FoxFamily said…
I love your photography skills. Your family is darling!

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...