
It doesn't take much to brighten my day...just throw a couple compliments my way and I'll be smiling all day! Yesterday I felt pretty. It's not one of those things that I feel on a daily basis, so it felt pretty good.
On a typical day I don't do my hair, I don't shower until it's nearly noon, and soon after the shower I'm covered in spit up. Oh, the glamorous life of a mother! And on the topic of my hair, it's falling out like crazy now that all those wonderful pregnancy hormones are gone! (I've read up about it and I know that it's just the "extra" hair that I had while I was preggie, but it's still not fun to see so much hair coming out!)
Yesterday was one of those pretty typical days. I showered well before noon, but opted to wear a hat instead of doing my hair. I wanted to weigh Lila so I weighed myself first, then held her and got back on the scale to find out her weight. Lila weighed 15 pounds and I weighed less than I did before she was born! Ok, so only a pound less, but still, I was quite surprised. It's gotta be carrying around a 15 pound baby that's keeping me in shape! Anyway, I was out the door at 10:30 to get to my 11 o'clock class. I get to campus and I run into a former missionary that served in our ward in San Diego a couple of years ago. We chatted for a couple minutes and it came up that I had a baby 4 months ago. He said it didn't look like I'd had a baby, and that felt pretty darn good! Maybe I shouldn't feel that great about the comment, I mean what's a woman supposed to look like after she has a baby?! No matter what I or anyone else thinks about that topic, yesterday it was just simply getting a compliment that made me feel good. I've been feeling pretty beat all month, so it really brightened my day. One my way back to my car after classes came the next compliment...or sort of a compliment. I'm walking across the cross walk and a guy on a motorcycle at the stop sign says, "Hey, you wanna ride?" I look up and he's talking to me! I give a sideways smile and keep walking and he says, "I'll take you home anyday!" Hahaha, it's been a long time since I've been picked up on! It was just one of those days where I just felt good in my own skin and I remembered I'm still a woman, not just a mommy, and maybe I'm even a hot mamma! :o)
The pic is of me and Lila baking in the kitchen. This is how I usually carry around that 15 pound weight of mine!
Comments