Monday
Visiting teaching. I'm thankful for the opportunity to meet sisters I otherwise would not know.
Napping with my little ones.
Getting the house picked up and dinner made before Darren got home.
Rain! Glorious beautiful rain. I've always loved a summer thunderstorm.
Taking my littles to the library.
Tuesday
I went to pay a ticket at the police substation and miraculously the fee was only $20 AND there was no line (the ticket was for forgetting to renew my registration...oops). Then I went down to the vital statistics office to get a copy of Walt's birth certificate and I was out of there with the birth certificate in hand in 20 minutes (while Walt slept through the trip, no less!). I might love Texas just a little bit.
My easy baby. He just melts my heart every night when I put him to bed. As I lay him down to swaddle him, he just smiles and coos as if to tell me that I'm doing just what he wants. I kiss him, turn on the white noise and leave the room and he goes to sleep. I don't remember his sister falling asleep so easily!
Wednesday
We got home from the grocery store and 5 minutes later it was a downpour! I was happy for the rain and happy that I didn't get caught in it with my babies and my groceries!
Swim lessons started again after a short break. I'm glad Lila is enjoying herself in the water.
Leftovers night. Its summer and I seem to have fallen out of love with cooking for the season. A night when I don't cook is always welcome :)
Thursday
Lila had a playdate while Walt had a nap, which meant I had an hour to get something done! I'm grateful for other moms who understand what being a mom is like and want to help out. Playdates save us some days!
Lila said to me as we climbed on the bed to read a story, "how do you snuggle?" I was only too happy to show her and remind her that she knows how to cuddle.
I remembered to take Darren's suit to the dry cleaner! I'm feeling good this week about getting things done and not forgetting.
I thought ahead and prepped the veggies for dinner during Walt's afternoon nap and made rolls (I rarely make rolls these days, so it seemed special and Lila was thrilled to have fresh rolls with dinner!).
Friday
Lila's first visit with the dentist went really well. She really likes health professionals and it makes these kind of visits quite pleasant! Of course I've known for months that I should take her for a visit to the dentist, but I just didn't get to it sooner. Sadly the girl has two cavities and we'll have to have those filled as soon as I can get her in for an appointment. Neither Darren or I had cavities in our baby teeth, so we could not have imagined that Lila would already be having them :( Hopefully Lila will be a champ for her fillings.
We had more rain today and I loved it. I've always enjoyed the sound of the rain against the windows and the smell of it on the pavement...it's just lovely!
I scored an awesome fitting pair of capris at Kohls for $8! Thanks to my sis Clarissa for telling me about the pants a few weeks ago :)
Another night of no cooking. Sure way to make me happy!
Saturday
Racquet ball at the gym with Darren.
Socializing with Darren's co-workers at lunch.
Playing dollhouse with Lila.
Sunday
Rain, rain, and more rain! We all had great 5 o'clock naps because of it :)
Church. I'm always so grateful to attend church on Sunday.
Gospel discussions with Darren. He is so great at opening up new perspectives for me to ponder on.
My chubby charmer. Walt can't help but be cute :)
I pretty much forgot to take photos this week, but I'll add a few more from the Nikon tomorrow!
The pic of the zucchini chips was my "pinstrosity"for the week. I tried a recipe that I repinned from someone on Pinterest, and it basically was a fail (although Lila really liked the portion that did come off the pan!).
Visiting teaching. I'm thankful for the opportunity to meet sisters I otherwise would not know.
Napping with my little ones.
Getting the house picked up and dinner made before Darren got home.
Rain! Glorious beautiful rain. I've always loved a summer thunderstorm.
Taking my littles to the library.
Tuesday
I went to pay a ticket at the police substation and miraculously the fee was only $20 AND there was no line (the ticket was for forgetting to renew my registration...oops). Then I went down to the vital statistics office to get a copy of Walt's birth certificate and I was out of there with the birth certificate in hand in 20 minutes (while Walt slept through the trip, no less!). I might love Texas just a little bit.
My easy baby. He just melts my heart every night when I put him to bed. As I lay him down to swaddle him, he just smiles and coos as if to tell me that I'm doing just what he wants. I kiss him, turn on the white noise and leave the room and he goes to sleep. I don't remember his sister falling asleep so easily!
Wednesday
We got home from the grocery store and 5 minutes later it was a downpour! I was happy for the rain and happy that I didn't get caught in it with my babies and my groceries!
Swim lessons started again after a short break. I'm glad Lila is enjoying herself in the water.
Leftovers night. Its summer and I seem to have fallen out of love with cooking for the season. A night when I don't cook is always welcome :)
Thursday
Lila had a playdate while Walt had a nap, which meant I had an hour to get something done! I'm grateful for other moms who understand what being a mom is like and want to help out. Playdates save us some days!
Lila said to me as we climbed on the bed to read a story, "how do you snuggle?" I was only too happy to show her and remind her that she knows how to cuddle.
I remembered to take Darren's suit to the dry cleaner! I'm feeling good this week about getting things done and not forgetting.
I thought ahead and prepped the veggies for dinner during Walt's afternoon nap and made rolls (I rarely make rolls these days, so it seemed special and Lila was thrilled to have fresh rolls with dinner!).
Friday
Lila's first visit with the dentist went really well. She really likes health professionals and it makes these kind of visits quite pleasant! Of course I've known for months that I should take her for a visit to the dentist, but I just didn't get to it sooner. Sadly the girl has two cavities and we'll have to have those filled as soon as I can get her in for an appointment. Neither Darren or I had cavities in our baby teeth, so we could not have imagined that Lila would already be having them :( Hopefully Lila will be a champ for her fillings.
We had more rain today and I loved it. I've always enjoyed the sound of the rain against the windows and the smell of it on the pavement...it's just lovely!
I scored an awesome fitting pair of capris at Kohls for $8! Thanks to my sis Clarissa for telling me about the pants a few weeks ago :)
Another night of no cooking. Sure way to make me happy!
Saturday
Racquet ball at the gym with Darren.
Socializing with Darren's co-workers at lunch.
Playing dollhouse with Lila.
Sunday
Rain, rain, and more rain! We all had great 5 o'clock naps because of it :)
Church. I'm always so grateful to attend church on Sunday.
Gospel discussions with Darren. He is so great at opening up new perspectives for me to ponder on.
My chubby charmer. Walt can't help but be cute :)
I pretty much forgot to take photos this week, but I'll add a few more from the Nikon tomorrow!
The pic of the zucchini chips was my "pinstrosity"for the week. I tried a recipe that I repinned from someone on Pinterest, and it basically was a fail (although Lila really liked the portion that did come off the pan!).
Walt's funny expressions.





Comments