Here's a recipe I adapted this week and thought was good enough to share!
Coconut cream pie Larabars
3/4 cup mix of almonds and cashews
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup pitted dates, soaked for 5-10 minutes in 1/3 cup warm water
While the dates soak, blend the nuts and coconut in a food processor. Add the dates and process until the mixture holds together a bit. Either roll into balls or spread in a small pan and cut cut into bars. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Monday
I was pleased that we had a short wait at the tax office to get the car registered and get our Texas plates.
I was glad to have time for a short evening run.
At the store today Walt received some compliments on how cute he is (this happens pretty regularly :)
Tuesday
Lila making up songs. Our to do list on the white board. Taking Darren to get his shots. Fireworks from the porch. Vacuuming with Walt in the sling.
Wednesday
I'm so thankful for this great country I live in. We were grateful to celebrate the day with friends. Lila enjoyed her first time doing sparklers with friends and watching pretty fireworks. Walt charmed everyone with his calm demeanor and overall adorableness :)
Oh yeah, and we had wonderful nap!
Thursday
Our first trip to the pool in our neighborhood with just me and the kids. I put Walt in the sling and brought him in the water with me and I was able to help Lila while holding the baby.
Lila had a much needed playdate!
Lila fell asleep for a nap even when she insisted she wasn't going to.
I took some time to get creative for a joint project my sister and I are working on. I love getting creative!
Music. I've been turning on more music lately at home and it sure makes our home happy.
Dinner turned out well even when I wasn't sure I was going to like it. Lila tried cherries and loved them. We love when she tries new things and likes them :)
Friday
Pool day with friends is always great on Fridays.
Lila was so kind and patient today. When we got back from the pool I had a headache and told Lila I needed to go lay down for a little bit. Although she was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to play dolls with her right away, she was sweet to me. When I came out of my room 30 minutes later she cheerfully asked if I was feeling better. Sometimes she acts so grown up :)
We had fun shopping together at Target for a gift for a birthday party. Lila is a great shopper.
A kind shopper at Sprouts helped me unload my cart as I struggled to reach for the groceries with sleeping Walt strapped to me in the Ergo.
Lila tried roasted almonds and said they were "crunchtastic!"
Saturday
We took Lila to her first birthday party and she had so much fun. There was a real pony to ride on a small petting zoo, so you can't beat that for some Saturday fun! Lila was very excited to give her friend the gift she picked out and she was very cute about it.
I scored some great deals on the Old Navy clearance racks. I love me a good deal (like $2 for a shirt and $6.50 for a black pencil skirt!).
Playing Doodle Find with Darren and Lila on the iPad.
Checking the mail with Lila and finding a package from her grandma.
Today
I love Relief Society and we had a great lesson today.
Sweet little Walt sleeping in the sling during Sunday School and charming the women in RS after his nap.
Dinner was simple and delicious tonight and Lila ate some of everything!
I finished my creative project! I won't reveal it until after its been gifted to the person I made it for :)
(pics from the 4th to come tomorrow after I load them from the Nikon)
Coconut cream pie Larabars
3/4 cup mix of almonds and cashews
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup pitted dates, soaked for 5-10 minutes in 1/3 cup warm water
While the dates soak, blend the nuts and coconut in a food processor. Add the dates and process until the mixture holds together a bit. Either roll into balls or spread in a small pan and cut cut into bars. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Monday
I was pleased that we had a short wait at the tax office to get the car registered and get our Texas plates.
I was glad to have time for a short evening run.
At the store today Walt received some compliments on how cute he is (this happens pretty regularly :)
Tuesday
Lila making up songs. Our to do list on the white board. Taking Darren to get his shots. Fireworks from the porch. Vacuuming with Walt in the sling.
Wednesday
I'm so thankful for this great country I live in. We were grateful to celebrate the day with friends. Lila enjoyed her first time doing sparklers with friends and watching pretty fireworks. Walt charmed everyone with his calm demeanor and overall adorableness :)
Oh yeah, and we had wonderful nap!
Thursday
Our first trip to the pool in our neighborhood with just me and the kids. I put Walt in the sling and brought him in the water with me and I was able to help Lila while holding the baby.
Lila had a much needed playdate!
Lila fell asleep for a nap even when she insisted she wasn't going to.
I took some time to get creative for a joint project my sister and I are working on. I love getting creative!
Music. I've been turning on more music lately at home and it sure makes our home happy.
Dinner turned out well even when I wasn't sure I was going to like it. Lila tried cherries and loved them. We love when she tries new things and likes them :)
Friday
Pool day with friends is always great on Fridays.
Lila was so kind and patient today. When we got back from the pool I had a headache and told Lila I needed to go lay down for a little bit. Although she was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to play dolls with her right away, she was sweet to me. When I came out of my room 30 minutes later she cheerfully asked if I was feeling better. Sometimes she acts so grown up :)
We had fun shopping together at Target for a gift for a birthday party. Lila is a great shopper.
A kind shopper at Sprouts helped me unload my cart as I struggled to reach for the groceries with sleeping Walt strapped to me in the Ergo.
Lila tried roasted almonds and said they were "crunchtastic!"
Saturday
We took Lila to her first birthday party and she had so much fun. There was a real pony to ride on a small petting zoo, so you can't beat that for some Saturday fun! Lila was very excited to give her friend the gift she picked out and she was very cute about it.
I scored some great deals on the Old Navy clearance racks. I love me a good deal (like $2 for a shirt and $6.50 for a black pencil skirt!).
Playing Doodle Find with Darren and Lila on the iPad.
Checking the mail with Lila and finding a package from her grandma.
Today
I love Relief Society and we had a great lesson today.
Sweet little Walt sleeping in the sling during Sunday School and charming the women in RS after his nap.
Dinner was simple and delicious tonight and Lila ate some of everything!
I finished my creative project! I won't reveal it until after its been gifted to the person I made it for :)
(pics from the 4th to come tomorrow after I load them from the Nikon)
We went to a family in our ward's house for a pancake breakfast and lawn games, below are the pictures:











Comments