We were sitting on the couch last night watching the Olympics and Darren looks over at me and says, "Do you smell a skunk??" I had been sitting there thinking the same thing, but wondering if I was imagining it. Since Darren had finally mentioned it, I admitted to leaving the garage door open a "crack" to let some air circulate (we've been doing this periodically during the summer heat). We had a "What do we do now??" moment next. The stench was quite potent in the house, so we were pretty sure a skunk had been in our garage and not just roadkill in the street. We have a remote for the garage in the house, so Darren took a plate of food to put outside the garage in case the skunk needed lured out. Then he opened the garage with the remote, while I watched from the bedroom window to see if the offender would scurry out. No skunk in sight, but Darren did notice that the extension cord was knocked off the workbench and some empty boxes waiting to be recycled had fallen. Anyway, we never saw the stinker, but we're guessing he was snooping around trying to find the trash when he knocked over a box, sprayed and ran. All we know is that the house stunk all night, and the garage REALLY stinks.
We were pretty sure we smelled like skunk at church today.
I didn't sleep well last night (our bedroom wall shares a wall with the garage) because of the stench, and let's just say a little chocolate is the only way to make something like this better! (Pictured is the bowl full of baked chocolate chip oatmeal I had this morning.)

Well, here's some of the things I was actually thankful for this week:
Monday felt like a good start to a new week. I exercised, made dinner ahead of schedule, took a nap with the baby, replied to emails, held FHE and we taught Lila about the pioneers, and I made good progress on my English essay.
I was able to extend the due date for the completion date of my English class which alleviated some of my stress. This is a good thing and a bad thing. I'm glad to have sufficient time to accomplish my class, but I really need to maintain the mindset that this class needs to be finished ASAP. I'm praying for the strength to do it.
On Tuesday Lila asked me multiple times to play dolls with her and I did manage to play dolls twice (not my favorite thing).
Lila made Walt laugh for a solid 5 minutes. He adores her and I love it.
I made a bow for Lila's dress and a sweet little skinny tie for Walter. They're now prepared to steal the brides thunder at my sister's wedding next week :D
Darren said on Tuesday night, "This is better than working at Apple." Sweet music to my ears! And the look of excitement on his face...I am pretty darn happy that Darren is enjoying his work! Good things are in store :)
On Wednesday I gave the "littles" baths before dinner and it made bedtime seem to go by faster.
On Thursday dinner was on the table when Darren got home and Darren even came home early!
I caught Walt "talking" in his sleep. So cute.
Christmas in July; I found the cards Darren's mom gave us for Christmas in the car when I was cleaning it on Friday. She had sent these cards to us with hand written messages (I always look forward to these) prior to us deciding to go to Utah for Christmas last year. I packed up the cards without opening them and brought them with us to Utah to be opened on Christmas at her house. Well, once we were in Utah I couldn't remember where I had put them and I had misplaced them for months (obviously)! Anyway, it was a happy accident to find them and read Debbie's kind words.
On Saturday me and Darren had another "date" at the gym. Once again we played racquetball and climbed the rock wall. It was so fun! Activity dates are my favorite :o)
We borrowed a ward member's ice cream maker and made coconut milk ice cream for the ward social. I made two flavors and they were SO good. I have been dying for some ice cream, so I was happy for the invitation to the ward social and the excuse to make some ice cream!
Lila was doing her best and making her brother laugh. He was just too cute! Forgive me for not removing the bib, I usually remember to take it off before snapping photos.
We were doing Facetime with Darren's mom (if you look close you can see her on the iPad screen).
We were pretty sure we smelled like skunk at church today.
I didn't sleep well last night (our bedroom wall shares a wall with the garage) because of the stench, and let's just say a little chocolate is the only way to make something like this better! (Pictured is the bowl full of baked chocolate chip oatmeal I had this morning.)

Well, here's some of the things I was actually thankful for this week:
Monday felt like a good start to a new week. I exercised, made dinner ahead of schedule, took a nap with the baby, replied to emails, held FHE and we taught Lila about the pioneers, and I made good progress on my English essay.
I was able to extend the due date for the completion date of my English class which alleviated some of my stress. This is a good thing and a bad thing. I'm glad to have sufficient time to accomplish my class, but I really need to maintain the mindset that this class needs to be finished ASAP. I'm praying for the strength to do it.
On Tuesday Lila asked me multiple times to play dolls with her and I did manage to play dolls twice (not my favorite thing).
I made a bow for Lila's dress and a sweet little skinny tie for Walter. They're now prepared to steal the brides thunder at my sister's wedding next week :D
Darren said on Tuesday night, "This is better than working at Apple." Sweet music to my ears! And the look of excitement on his face...I am pretty darn happy that Darren is enjoying his work! Good things are in store :)
On Wednesday I gave the "littles" baths before dinner and it made bedtime seem to go by faster.
On Thursday dinner was on the table when Darren got home and Darren even came home early!
I caught Walt "talking" in his sleep. So cute.
Christmas in July; I found the cards Darren's mom gave us for Christmas in the car when I was cleaning it on Friday. She had sent these cards to us with hand written messages (I always look forward to these) prior to us deciding to go to Utah for Christmas last year. I packed up the cards without opening them and brought them with us to Utah to be opened on Christmas at her house. Well, once we were in Utah I couldn't remember where I had put them and I had misplaced them for months (obviously)! Anyway, it was a happy accident to find them and read Debbie's kind words.
On Saturday me and Darren had another "date" at the gym. Once again we played racquetball and climbed the rock wall. It was so fun! Activity dates are my favorite :o)
We borrowed a ward member's ice cream maker and made coconut milk ice cream for the ward social. I made two flavors and they were SO good. I have been dying for some ice cream, so I was happy for the invitation to the ward social and the excuse to make some ice cream!
We're leaving this coming week for vacation! I can't wait for Walt to meet the family and to catch up with everyone.
Walt turned 5 months old on Saturday!! He has rolled over anymore since last week, but he's sitting up really well by himself. So I guess he's really sitting up before he's rolling over. Such a sweet little chunk :o)
Lila is our budding photographer. She took these two pics of Walt on Saturday. Very serious face here.
Lila was doing her best and making her brother laugh. He was just too cute! Forgive me for not removing the bib, I usually remember to take it off before snapping photos.
We were doing Facetime with Darren's mom (if you look close you can see her on the iPad screen).
Pure joy
I think these pics are evidence that Walt is my son. He look a bit like me, no?
Earlier this week: Caught in the act--always playing with the baby toys! haha












Comments