Skip to main content

Two months

Walt turned two months old last Saturday! I have to say that I've fully welcomed him getting just a little bit older. He's really made a good turn around in the past week as he's reached the two month mark. He's been napping better and letting me rock him to sleep in the glider vs. the sling, and he gives me a 5 hour stretch of sleep most nights. A couple of weeks ago it took a lot of physical effort on my part to get him to sleep, so the change has been nice. He's also been cooing and smiling a lot and he bats as hanging toys. 


He's getting to be so fun to interact with! He still gets swaddled, falls asleep to white noise, and sleeps in the swing, but it's all become so much easier. We're just growing up together :o) I can hardly remember life before two kids now, when just a couple of weeks ago I wondered how any one woman feels capable enough to ever have more than one child! 


He had his two month check up on Monday and was quite the charmer. He was so sweet and just cooed and smiled for both the nurse and the doctor. The doctor proclaimed him "perfect" and I'm very happy that I have such a healthy child. He weighed in at 13 lbs. 12 oz. (1.5 lbs. heavier than Lila was at 2 mos.) and is 23.25" long. He had his first round of vaccinations and took them like a champ. He cried a bit, but not as much as his sister did! Lila was so sad that the nurse was giving him shots and making him cry. It was so sweet that she was so concerned for her brother. She's a good sister. 
Here's a few pics of my guy at 2 months old:


The ugly light over the dining table does make for a good "mobile."

 Happy.

The following pictures were my attempt at refining my "skills" with the camera. I have a long way to go, and after 100+ pics, these were the only ones I thought were decent. Hopefully I can get better at figuring out what settings will capture the perfect shot, but for now this is the best I can do!

 Isn't he adorably chubby?
 I tried my best to get some good light, so here you can see I was using a long mirror to reflect some more light into the room.
 Here I needed to change the depth of field so both his eyes would have been in focus. So much to learn!
He's lovely though, isn't he? :o)

P.S. I know vaccinations are a hot topic right now and have been for a little while now. After doing my own research and taking an epidemiology class this past winter, I'm convinced of the efficacy, safety, and importance of vaccinations. And I'm ok with you, whether your a friend or family member, having a different idea about it :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...

The long version & his name

I started working on this post on Wednesday, but I've been sick with a cold and desperately trying to get rest, so here it is Friday and I'm finally finishing it up! Monday morning I woke up with a sore throat and a cough. I thought I had escaped getting sick like Darren and Lila, but I wasn't feeling great so I slept in until 9am. Me and Lila hung out at home resting all day Monday. I spent so much time on the couch in the living room that I started sketching and making decorating/rearranging plans for the living room. I pinned curtain and art ideas on Pinterest and started pricing out my plans. When a friend invited Lila over for a play date on Tuesday, I started making plans for hitting up the craft store and beginning my living room makeover the next day. After Darren got home and we got Lila to bed, I found some energy and began rearranging the living room and straightening up the house. Then at 10:30pm I decided to do a short yoga practice, took a shower at 11, ...