So I uploaded the pics for this post, then I left you all hanging (as if there's someone reading this blog!). Anyway, you can imagine that I've been too busy with life to be timely with my blog updates. So a few days late, here's the list and some descriptions of the pics from the past week.
This week I was thankful for...
...Soccer tots. Some of our friends from church with little boys have been taking a soccer class at a local indoor soccer place. Our friends had invited us to come try out the class, since you can do that for free. We finally gave it a try and Lila loved it! I wasn't sure how she would do, but she had no problem being the only girl in the class and she shocked me with her skills! She quickly was running and kicking the ball and going straight for the goal. She's quite competitive, so she tried her best to keep up with the boys when the coach was having them run the length of the field. We'll see if we can sign up for the remainder of the class!
...my little "Cinderella." Lila wouldn't take her nap one day, but she did sweep the floor, dust, wash windows, and clean her room :o)
...a family night picnic at the capital. This was totally impromptu and everything worked out; nice weather, good food, happy children...I just should've brought the camera! Darren actually had missed his train downtown, and when he called to tell me this I was just finishing making dinner. I just packed everything up and we had a nice picnic.
...the little ones were good while running errands, which is always something to be thankful for!
...chatting with my sisters on the phone.
...a yummy new chicken recipe.
...Lila getting her own library card. Now between the two of us we can check out 70 items (35 just wasn't cutting it, and I'm not joking!).
...working out; I'm always thankful when I make the time for this.
...play dates! It's nice for Lila and for me when we get together with friends.
...picking up Darren and going out for Indian food. He missed his train again, but I was quite happy for an excuse not to cook :o)
...preparing my talk for Sacrament meeting. I had to speak on Sunday! I hadn't given a talk in a couple years, and although it's definitely not something I would say I enjoy doing, I was really thankful for the opportunity. I really felt that the invitation to speak was an answer to prayer. I had being praying the previous week to find a way to make scripture study more meaningful to me so I can be a better example and teacher to my children. Thankfully, as soon as I received the call to give the talk I was blessed to have this perspective that I was receiving answer to prayer in an unexpected way. My topic was "How Book of Mormon prophets teach of Christ." Definitely a great topic to get me searching my scriptures!
Pirate Lila
Picnic at the Capital of Texas
I just loved this pic in black & white from last week :o)
Lila with her friend Libby; they were princesses as the grocery store.
The princesses having lunch.
Mmmm, fresh baked bread with the Roasted Strawberry Vanilla Bean jam I made.
A walking stick bug that appeared on our sliding door.
Lila happily listening to music at the Microsoft store (it was almost like selling our souls to go in there since we're such Mac loyalists, but we were curious :o)
Walt playing with his blanket on the bed





Comments