This week the calendar has reminded me to be thankful for mothers. I'm thankful for a mother who taught me so many things and sacrificed so much of her time to raise me and my six siblings. I wasn't always an easy kid to raise, and I know my mom did her best to deal with me and my attitude!
My mom & Lila, summer 2010
My mother-in-law & Walt, March 2012
I'm also thankful for my mother-in-law. She raised the wonderful man I'm married to and must have done a darn good job for him to have turned out so well!
As I have become a mother my appreciation for my own mother has increased. I now know about all the hard work that goes into caring for a family physically and spiritually. It's a 24 hour job that often goes thank-less. But even when the children are too young to verbally thank you or understand all that you do to take care of them, a snuggle, a smile, or laugh together make it all worth it. I'm thankful for the privilege to be a mother.
Oct. 2009, me & Lila
Today, me & Walt





Comments