I just have to share this article I was just reading while I was feeding Walt. It's called "Turning Picky Eaters into Foodies" (http://m.parenting.com/article/picky-eaters-into-foodies?loc=finalslide&cid=finalslide#bmb=1
I think every mother must struggle with feeding their toddler at some point. I remember when I was taking my nutrition classes at BYU and learning about feeding children, and back then I thought, "Ok, now I've learned how to do this, it will be a piece of cake to feed my children healthy foods all the time!"
While I've done decent, feeding a 2 year old became more challenging than feeding a 1 year old, while feeding a 3 year old became more difficult than feeding even a 2 year old! Lila was far less picky at 14 months old than she is now.
So what's changed? I'm not quite sure, but I have a sneaking feeling that maybe I've slipped up a bit and I sometimes do a thing or two from the list in the article.
Well, maybe the article can help someone else out too. I'm going to try incorporating green smoothies into our day to try to get more vegetables into my little ones. We'll see how it goes! I know we're all trying to do our best as moms, so I hope no one reading this feels like I'm trying to be critical of them. But if this can help someone else too, then that's great!


Comments
Feeding younger kids is easier. I'm already seeing this with Ethan. He would eat ANYthing before two, but now he's gotten a little pickier. Good info!