Skip to main content

Bye bye California, hello Utah!

Well me and the kids are safe and sound in Utah tonight. We flew in on Thursday afternoon and have been having fun at the Turetzky's. Here's what I was thankful for this week:

- A visit to the Aquarium of the Pacific with my grandma. There are so many of Heavenly Father's creations to see and appreciate!
- I was grateful for the chance to serve my sisters. My two sisters that I'm closest in age to are both pregnant. My older sister is due next month and was put on bed rest this past week until she reaches 37 weeks (this coming Thu). My younger sister was told to stop lifting things (i.e. her two toddlers) and take it easy. I was able to go help these sisters out, along with the help of our engaged sister, Hilary. I was so glad that I could do something to help while I was in town!
- We got to visit with my mom again. This was an unexpected surprise and happy result of my sister being put on bed rest (that my mom flew out to California while we were there).
- Lila's sleepover's with cousins. Lila had a sleepover at my sister's house and a sleepover here in Utah this week. Cousins are so fun!
- The kids were awesome for yet another plane ride. And we flew JetBlue, which was so nice :o)
- The cool evening air here Utah. It feels like fall is almost here in the valley! I was quite surprised while we were in Cali that the evenings didn't cool down much, so it's been nice to feel a little chill in the evening and early morning air.
- Darren's sweet parents who are taking good care of us in his absence.

Tonight I'm also counting my blessings that I didn't clear my SD card after uploading the photos I took on my Nikon tonight. I often delete all the photos from the SD card so I can take lots more photos, but I'm so glad I didn't tonight! My hard drive is full, so even though it was showing that I had successfully uploaded about 200 photos on here, the photos aren't here now! Well, disaster averted, but that means all the cute photos I took with the Nikon will have to be added later. Maybe I'll put them on my iPad then put them on here...we'll see! Tonight's photos come by way of Instagram pics from my iPhone.

My grandma has a knack for decorating and I always love to visit and see what her living room looks like each time. This picture doesn't do the room justice!
Plane ride to SLC, 
We made to the Turetzky's! Lila wasted no time in finding her favorite toys.

I didn't get a chance to get fish tacos from Rubio's in Cali, but I wasn't going to miss the opportunity again! Orem has a Rubio's so we headed there for lunch on Friday :o)
I bought on of those mesh food holders and Walt enjoyed several slices of fresh Utah peaches over the weekend.
We walked down to Springville's Heritage Days celebration on Saturday.
Lila enjoyed the free root beer and popcorn. Being the healthy mom I am, this was Lila's first cup of soda in her nearly four years (she has had a sip of Coke in the past few weeks, but still...).

Walt gets very vocal sometimes :o)


This was at my grandma's house. Lila and Walt were listening to a story before bed, which was one of my favorite things about sleeping over at my grandma's when I was a girl.

Oh my chubbiness!


Relaxing at the beach.

Cousins at the beach (from last week).





Comments

Kelly said…
Don't you love Utah in the fall!! I wish we had a longer time of it. Your babies are getting soo big.

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...