You know what made coming home to Texas so great? My own bed. Twelve nights away from home made that first night back in my own bed feel awesome. Coming home to 88 degrees at 1am wasn't so cool, but Texas is starting to feel kind of like home. Mostly because all of our stuff is here, but also because we have friends and work here.
This week I was thankful for...
...safe travels
...practically perfect children (at least in regards to airplane travel--they really were the best)
...coming home to a clean house (thanks Mom for teaching me to leave the house clean before leaving town!)
...finding a $10 Kohl's coupon in the mail
...sushi at Happy Sumo before we left Utah
...editing the 600+ photos I took down to 270 (still working on getting that number lower...)
...playdates for Lila--one in Utah with old friends, and one here at home in Texas
...unpacking everything and doing laundry within 24 hrs of being home
...cooking dinner for the family
...ward Relief Society night
...rain here in Texas over the weekend
...our usual Saturday date at the gym; I ALMOST beat Darren at racquetball AND I managed to do two full climbs to the top of the rock wall!
...a new niece! Congrats to Kyle and Whitney on their sweet baby girl :o)
Vacation was nice, and being home is nice too. Maybe we need vacations sometimes to remind us that normal life is pretty good too.
As I mentioned earlier, I have lots of pictures from vacation, so I'll have to do another post on vacation stuff latter this week. Best wishes to everyone for a good new week!
Left: On the lawn of the Provo library on Monday. Right: Tuesday morning in Grandma T's backyard,
At City Creek Center on Tuesday afternoon, right before we went to the airport. Last hour with Grandma
Back at home: spending our $10 at Kohl's, Lila and Libby giggling over carrot sticks, and Walt looking cute in a bow tie today.



Comments