Monday
Walt fell asleep in my arms while we were at a friends house this morning. Comparatively, when we're at home for nap time Walter usually rubs his eyes and that's the signal that he wants to be swaddled and put in the swing for his nap. It was a rare treat to hold him and have him fall asleep in my arms. He's such a good baby :)
Lila was finally convinced to clean up her toys and have a shower before dinner when I told her she would be awarded with a medal for accomplishing those tasks. The Olympics sure are helping with my parenting these days :) (Darren brought a "medal" home a couple weeks ago after a work-sponsored go-carting activity where he took first place.)
Dinner was ready when Darren got home. Woot!
We think we finally eliminated the skunk smell (we may need someone to come over and confirm this since we're pretty used to the smell now).
The rest of the week:
I was grateful that I packed our bags in plenty of time and remembered everything I needed for the trip.
When I got to the airport and realized I neglected to bring Walter's birth certificate, I was relieved and grateful that they let me travel without it.
I was thankful for the best travel companions. Lila and Walt were practically perfect, and even when Lila needed to use the airplane lavatory, it all worked out well.
Lila ran into my mom's arms at the airport and was by her side for as much of the trip as she could be. This girl loves her grandmas (and grandpas)!
It was a wonderful to be in the temple at my little sister Hannah's wedding. I can't believe there is only one sibling not married or engaged now (she's only 15 :)!
Well, I will complete my travel log next week and add pics from the camera then. Me and the kids are off to Utah tomorrow. I'm expecting another easy trip with my little loves. Here's a few iPhone photos to tide you over :)
Walt fell asleep in my arms while we were at a friends house this morning. Comparatively, when we're at home for nap time Walter usually rubs his eyes and that's the signal that he wants to be swaddled and put in the swing for his nap. It was a rare treat to hold him and have him fall asleep in my arms. He's such a good baby :)
Lila was finally convinced to clean up her toys and have a shower before dinner when I told her she would be awarded with a medal for accomplishing those tasks. The Olympics sure are helping with my parenting these days :) (Darren brought a "medal" home a couple weeks ago after a work-sponsored go-carting activity where he took first place.)
Dinner was ready when Darren got home. Woot!
We think we finally eliminated the skunk smell (we may need someone to come over and confirm this since we're pretty used to the smell now).
The rest of the week:
I was grateful that I packed our bags in plenty of time and remembered everything I needed for the trip.
When I got to the airport and realized I neglected to bring Walter's birth certificate, I was relieved and grateful that they let me travel without it.
I was thankful for the best travel companions. Lila and Walt were practically perfect, and even when Lila needed to use the airplane lavatory, it all worked out well.
Lila ran into my mom's arms at the airport and was by her side for as much of the trip as she could be. This girl loves her grandmas (and grandpas)!
It was a wonderful to be in the temple at my little sister Hannah's wedding. I can't believe there is only one sibling not married or engaged now (she's only 15 :)!
Well, I will complete my travel log next week and add pics from the camera then. Me and the kids are off to Utah tomorrow. I'm expecting another easy trip with my little loves. Here's a few iPhone photos to tide you over :)




Comments