Skip to main content

Week 3 - Counting My Blessings

Week 3

  • Getting to church early! and well fed
  • Sunday naps, then an easy pressure cooker dinner
  • Going to the park with our friends
  • Remembering to take Darren’s suit to the dry cleaners (he’s may need it for the next thing on this list...)
  • Darren’s invitation to California for an in-person interview at Apple!!! Darren’s nervous excitement could only be described as similar to the day Lila was born, LOL
  • Darren making the bed. It’s not like he never does this, but it’s not that often and it doesn’t go unnoticed :o)
  • Lila’s play date with Libby. This girl thrives on playing with friends.
  • Late afternoon walk in 65 degree sunshine. Bliss.
  • Friends! I never feel as though I have many, and perhaps it’s since I’ve moved so much throughout my life. I’ve never been very good at keeping up with old friends, so I always appreciate new ones each place I live.
  • A good visit with the midwife at the birthing center. The midwives are always so nice and tell me I’m the “perfect patient.” The baby seems to be great and I continue to be having a wonderful third trimester. I know lots of women out there don’t feel at this point as great as I’ve been feeling, so I’m very grateful!
  • My wonderful husband. I was reminded this week of how attracted I am to him and what a good catch he is :o)
  • Grandmothers. I had a phone chat with my grandma this week, and though it was brief it was nice to talk to her. Lila had at least three video chats with her Grandma T, and it’s so nice to see how they keep up their close-knit relationship from afar.
Darren left for California this morning and has all day interviews at Apple tomorrow. We’re praying that all goes well and that the result will be a job offer. Big changes may be ahead! We went shopping at the outlet mall yesterday to get Darren a new shirt for his interviews. At the Kenneth Cole store Lila found a furry $80 purse that she begged me to buy her. Maybe once I’ve spent $80 on a purse for myself I’ll consider spending as much on one for Lila :o)

Comments

Meghan said…
Good luck to Darren! I hope his interview goes well!!
Kelly said…
Good luck. Back to Cali would be fun for you guys. Can't wait to see pics of that new baby! Do you have a name?
smalltowngirl said…
So exciting! You'll have to keep us informed of any good news.

Popular posts from this blog

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...

The long version & his name

I started working on this post on Wednesday, but I've been sick with a cold and desperately trying to get rest, so here it is Friday and I'm finally finishing it up! Monday morning I woke up with a sore throat and a cough. I thought I had escaped getting sick like Darren and Lila, but I wasn't feeling great so I slept in until 9am. Me and Lila hung out at home resting all day Monday. I spent so much time on the couch in the living room that I started sketching and making decorating/rearranging plans for the living room. I pinned curtain and art ideas on Pinterest and started pricing out my plans. When a friend invited Lila over for a play date on Tuesday, I started making plans for hitting up the craft store and beginning my living room makeover the next day. After Darren got home and we got Lila to bed, I found some energy and began rearranging the living room and straightening up the house. Then at 10:30pm I decided to do a short yoga practice, took a shower at 11, ...