I found this week that it was kind of fun to recall at the end of the day what I was thankful for. I've been working on my list all week and it's really helped me keep a good perspective throughout the week. I hope I can be as faithful all year! Here's the list.
Week 2:
- Darren’s new calling. He was called as Ward Executive Secretary and it's nice that he gets an opportunity to get to know more people in the ward and serve with the Bishopric.
- Waste Land documentary. Darren and I watched this together and it was fascinating. It made me appreciate my privileged U.S. life so much more. I like watching documentaries that give me a view of another part of the world and way of life; it's very humbling.
- Lila’s successful first day as a Sunbeam.
- snuggling with Lila
- trip to the library with Lila
- rain!
- dancing around with Lila to my Young the Giant Pandora station
- Classical Stretch. Here in Austin, PBS airs this exercise program at 7 & 8am M-F. It is awesome and very much in line with functional fitness, and I've found it to be great during my pregnancy.
- homemade cinnamon rolls :o)
- Baking soda microdermabrasion via Crunchy Betty. My face felt so lovely after this. I'll have to do a whole post on all the things I've tried from the Crunchy Betty website; she has some awesome natural beauty tips!
- my oh so comfortable jersey knit maxi dress (absolute favorite thing to wear at this point in my pregnancy)
- Hypnobabies. I finally started my home study program and it's been helping me relax and get ready for another unmedicated childbirth.
- Darren’s 3rd phone interview with Apple. Is Cupertino in our future? Perhaps this week will tell!
- Lila’s progress on learning the Articles of Faith and learning to sit still. She has the first 4 AoF memorized and is asking to learn number 5 (FHE tomorrow!).
- A haircut! and compliment on it. It's nothing drastic, just a trim that made my hair back into a bob.
- Babysitting trade with my friend Kim and her 3 yr. old daughter Libby. Lila goes to Libby's house one day, and Libby comes here one day, and me and Kim each get a little break to get something done!
- Getting closer to finishing my BYU independent study classes...I scheduled 3 exams to go take in the next month. Wish me luck!
- Darren's visit to the allergist to get some confirmations on what we already believed.
This picture shows just how bad Darren reacted to many of the common outdoor allergies here in Austin, as well as dogs and cats. The poor guy. At least now I know that I could be a little more empathetic (I seem to be blessed with no allergies, which means empathy has been a little hard to come by...)
- Last, but not least, another week of feeling awesome during this pregnancy. I'm approximately 34 weeks along now, and this is today's picture. I can't believe how soon this baby will arrive now!

Comments