Skip to main content

Life (with Lila) is a musical

My girl sure does enjoy singing. I can't say that I'm disappointed about this, quite the opposite actually! Lila loves to go around making up her own songs about anything and everything (but usually princesses and fairies). She reminds me of myself and my sisters when we were little girls :) Me and the kiddos had a quiet week at Darren's parents house, just spending our days playing pretend and jumping on the old trampoline. I planned and made meals, which I hope will help me transition back to reality next week! It was actually kind of nice to get back to cooking, and I'm excited to bust out my favorite fall recipes when we're home.
Besides playing with the kids while grandma and grandpa worked this week, we all traveled to Colorado for the weekend to visit Darren's grandparents. It sure was sweet to introduce our little chunk to Great-grandfather and Grandma June. Our angel baby even cut another tooth while we were there, but he just took it all in stride and didn't fuss about it. I feel like a very blessed mommy to have such a sweet tempered babe :)
The best part of my week happened 2 hours ago when Darren finally made it back to us! I felt like we did pretty well while he was gone, but I still hope we don't have to be apart for that length of time again! Of course we wouldn't have done quite so well without him had we not had the help of our wonderful family members. My mother-in-law helped out with the kids so much every night that I've been in Utah (tonight included). I feel very blessed to have such good people in my life to help care for me and my family.
There was one more thing to add to the great blessings of the week, and that was General Conference. I definitely have some talks that I didn't really catch (tending to babies has that effect), but what I did catch was incredible. I'm looking forward to watching and listening and being inspired even more over the coming days and weeks. I hope the same for all of you!

P.S. We were also blessed with 2 new nephews last week! Congrats to my sister and brother and their families!

Comments

Meghan said…
Walt is so big! He looks like he is going to grow out of that carseat soon! I love how toddlers sing. Ethan is beginning to sing along to primary songs and it melts my heart. It sounds like you guys have been busy and having lots of fun traveling!

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...