Skip to main content

3-0

Darren had a milestone birthday this last Thursday. He's no longer in his 20's, but I'm still happy to say that I am! We had a low key celebration at Carrabba's, just the three of us, and then had birthday cake that Lila and I made that morning. Lila was the most excited about the whole thing. If you ask her she can tell you exactly when her birthday is ("I'm going to be three-years-old on November 21st!"). Maybe if we hurry we can make enough friends so Lila can have a real party this year. I'm not holding my breath, but there's always next year for the party thing (and I'm really in no rush to begin being a party planner!). 



Licking the beaters (her favorite!)

The recipe for this cake can be found on my recipe site. It's the PB/chocolate cupcakes and frosting recipes.

Our feeble attempt at decorating (which we still haven't taken down)

Putting in 30 candles :o)



Also, I didn't post this last Sunday when Darren took it, but this is the 20.5 week belly shot. You could say that I've "popped." I've decided to think of it as, "Wow, that little baby sure is getting big!" rather than, "Wow, I'm starting to get fat!" I've also decided to pull out some maternity wear from the dust covered boxes they've been in. I haven't worn any maternity tops or dresses yet, but I finally realized this week that I am to the point where the maternity pants are much more comfortable than doing the rubber band thing on my jeans. We've actually had at least one day where it was cool enough that I wanted to wear jeans to the park. Other than those one or two days though, I'm still living in my usual summer attire of dresses and skirts (at least the ones that are roomy enough for pregnancy). 


These last two pics are from yesterday at the park. Lila's pigtails sure have grown since February! And thankfully, my hair is finally growing as well! Like mother, like daughter.


Comments

Meghan said…
Happy Birthday to Darren! Lila is sure looking big. I love her blonde blonde hair and those curls! You are looking great as well!

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...