
I just can't help myself! Being the mother of a little girl, I just want to make her more and more cute little things to wear!
Now that classes and finals are over, I have a little more time for my crafts. In the last couple of weeks I did work on some of these crafts, since they helped me to relax a little from my studies. Last night I finished the little white Mary Janes so Lila could wear them to church today. I'm kind of impressed with myself for making them. I found this tutorial on a website that showed you how to draft your own pattern for shoes and that's what I did! Of course this was another craft inspired by some things I've seen on Etsy. My little shoes didn't quite turn out as cute as the ones other people are making. Still, I had fun making them and now they can be a little heirloom for Lila. In the picture above, the little yellow shoes were my first trial pair using a pattern someone posted online for a pair of baby doll Mary Janes. When I began making the yellow pair I didn't realize they were sized for a baby doll and not a real baby--that's why they're so tiny! The red Mary Janes are a pair that I crocheted using a pattern that I made up. They're a little too easy for Lila to kick off right now, but maybe she will grow into them!
My next challenge is to try and make my own pattern for baby boy shoes. If I can manage that then I'll really have some cute things I can whip up for baby showers!
I almost forgot to mention my other crafting project. Digital scrapbooking. Well, I haven't exactly scrapbooked any pictures yet, but I did make my blog banner using digital scrapbooking elements. I also did the same with the above image. It's pretty fun, but very time consuming since there's quite a learning curve for me. For those who might be interested in dabbling in digital scrapbooking or image editing themselves, download Paint.net (free image editing software) and check out DigiFree for free digital scrapbooking kits. Happy crafting!
Comments