Skip to main content

Found!

I went MIA, but now I've found my way back to the old family blog. Mom/Grandma Jones wants to see pics, so I better put up some photos of the last year (Sept 2015-Sept 2106).

Backyard fun fall 2015.
The fire department visiting Walter's preschool fall 2015.
Fall hike with our good friends Ellie & Claire. Ellie accidently knocked out Lila's very loose 2 front teeth before the hike!
Darren found a rope swing on our hike.
We watched while daddy played on the rope swing.


Darren's birthday 2015.
Shameless date night selfie for D's birthday.


We went with painting our pumpkin in 2015.
Painting Joy on our pumpkin.
My little mermaid and firefighter. Halloween 2015. 
Trunk-or-treat at Walter's preschool 2015. 
Lila received Principals Pride!

Walter in front of his school Oct. 2015. 

Lila singing in Cub Choir at school fall 2015. 
Walter actually wanting a picture taken.
Visiting sister-in-law Whitney at the East art show in Nov 2015.
Lila's 7th birthday!
Thanksgiving trip to SoCal and Downtown Disney!
80+ degrees at Little Corona del Mar beach w/ cousins 11/15
Walking back from the beach to the car with cousin Scarlett.
  

Legoland fun on our trip.
Walter quickly befriended cousin Peter.
Playing Legos with cousin Thomas at his house in 
December 2015 putting together our gingerbread house kit.

   

Family pictures December 2015.



Christmas morning 2015.

Christmas eve day hike and climb. The weather was so nice! 12/2015








Back to the greenbelt for more hiking and climbing in January 2016.


Lila in the hammock with her American Girl catalog.

Lila took some candid photos of us. Walter is the sweetest to me.









Random morning pic of me and Walter. 


In case you couldn't tell we like to spend our weekends outside when the weather is good. 


I started taking some pics of the house in fall 2015. This is Lila's room.
The playroom. Perhaps my favorite room in the house!
 

Master bathroom.


More master bathroom.

Even more master bathroom, with a view of the door of the closet. It's nice to have the closet accessed thru the bathroom so the early bird doesn't wake the late sleeper!

A pretty corner of the kitchen. I love green :-)
                                               

Random winter days in the backyard. Walter tried the slack line on his belly, haha!





Lila lost another tooth in early 2016. 

Silly Saturday morning at the coffee shop. At some point in late 2015 Darren turned into a hobo...a couple pics later you'll see he cleaned himself up a bit!

When winter got cold, we went to our favorite new bouldering gym. I love my little climbing crew!

Random winter nap with a cleaned up daddy.

Walter's 4th birthday!

Lila took this candid on one of our winter hikes. I love that face.

Walking home from school Lila rescued this butterfly from the street. 

Spring break watching Zootopia at the theater with recliner seats!

Me and Darren's spring break trip to Puerto Rico.

The beautiful turquoise waters of Puerto Rico.


We went to a little island called Vieques that was full of wild horses!

By spring Lila was ready to get up on the slack line with no help!

For spring Cub Choir Lila dressed as a flower for her concert.

Spring hiking as McKinney Falls.

Bluebonnets at McKinney Falls. Spring in central Texas in beautiful

Lila and Kit.

Having lunch at school with Lila, spring 2016

Lila with her ceramic art project at school.

Cab ride in NYC 5/16. I went with Darren when he had a business trip.


Labor Day weekend front walk way project. I got about 40 mosquito bites through my pants while working in this project!!


When spring gets hot, we're back to the bouldering gym!

First popsicles of the season, June 2016.

June hotel selfie on my first trip to San Francisco. Darren had another business trip/.


Summer crafting with boxes begins!

I still do plenty of yoga...even in a dress ;-)

Plane ride to Colorado to visit Great-grandfather Firestone for the Fourth of July.

Mountain hiking in CO.

Mountain lake we hiked along. 
Mountaintop yoga--side crow.

July 1, 2016 we celebrated 12 years of marriage.
Triangle pose at the top of Mt. Garfield on our anniversary hike. 

From CO we flew to Barcelona, Spain. This is Mont Serrat. 
The gondola ride up Mont Serrat, in Spain, July 2016.



Beautiful Mont Serrat.
Eight angle-pose at the top of Mont Serrat after our hike.

The lovely streets of Barcelona.

Amazing ceiling of the art museum in Barcelona, and the interior of one of the beautiful cafe's we ate at. 

Next we flew to Hamburg, Germany where Darren had an interview.
Delicious traditional meal in Hamburg. Pan fried fish and veggies. 

Beautiful canals we rowed on in Hamburg.     
Although Hamburg was gorgeous, we decided we weren't ready to take a job in Europe.

Moving on to Amsterdam! Boy was it a beauty.

One day we rented bicycles and rode 10 miles to a beautiful little town. I hadn't ridden a bike in ages and it was so fun!

Those storybook houses along the canals in Amsterdam.

Everyone rides bikes in Amsterdam!


We finished our first European travels in Paris. I bet you know where this pic is from.

Inside the Louvre.

A sundrenched view of the Louvre. Paris architecture is stunning, and everything looks so gorgeous in the summer sun.

Notre Dame.
That picture every tourist has to get.

Delicious three course breakfast at an amazing Parisian cafe. 
  

I was so happy in Europe that I had no problem tolerating dairy. 

Paris knows how to do pastries.

The gardens of Versaille.

A little heat wave while we were there, and so many people hoped in the fountain (including us!).

Summer swimming at the pool by grandma's house.


Dallas trip to the American Girl doll store. 
Eating Texas BBQ with cousins in Dallas. 
Soaking up the last bit of cousin time with Mia and Owen.

We remembered to get a photo with Autumn!

Summer free play at gymanstics.
Trying to avoid a candid photo.
Summer tea party.
  
We made lots of box crafts this summer, including this doll house for cousin Ariadne's birthday in August.
Making a hippo out of a box. 
One last summer trip for me and Darren...this time to Boulder and Denver. Warrior III pose at the top of our hike.

Tree pose at the top of Mt. Evans! I was almost sick with altitude sickness, but I managed to pace myself and enjoy the beautiful mountains of Colorado.
Back in Austin we found a safe ice cream shop! They have ice creams made from peanut butter, cashew milk, almond milk, and coconut milk...and probably more that I can't remember!
Sometimes I get Darren to do yoga with me and he shows me just how much more flexible he is than me! Unbelievable.
                                            
Sometimes this girl read to me.


Lila had to dance in this summer rain storm.

Bike riding with daddy.

The kids took up my favorite childhood activity this summer!!


We went to the roller rink a few times and got our limbo game on.
Waiting for Lila's recital at the end of her keyboarding day camp.

Practicing her new skills at home.
First day of 2nd grade!!

Another box craft with Walter...a piggy bank, and this time he actually wanted to paint it.

I hosted my first girls night with my yoga and climbing friends and I took them to roller skate with me ;-) 

My friend Alice (on the left) took me to my first acroyoga class. It was SO fun!! 


Counterbalance! I took Darren with my to another acroyoga class 2 weeks ago, but I didn't get any pictures!

More climbing at the bouldering gym, because September in Texas is HOT!!

Teaching the kids our acro skills.

The kids playing Memo Yoga (thanks Autumn for the game!).


Last week at the rock wall with my climbing friends. 


Hair picture, because this was probably the first time in 2 months that I blowdried my hair and wore it down!!

This past Wednesday me and Walter went on a 2 mile walk/bike ride. Walter was convinced to join me after he suggested our walk take us to the doughnut shop 1 mile from our house. The weather has finally turned and it's been beautiful!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...