Skip to main content

It's been awhile...

Long time no see!!

Let's see if I can put together a quick run down of what we've been up to in 2014.

January: I can't really remember, but the pics would say that Walt discovered it's fun to get in the dryer and my hair finally grew long enough to put in a tiny ponytail.



February: Walt turned 2, I learned a new arm balance pose (and Darren bought a big new TV), and the kids got their first haircuts.










March: Bedtime giggles and selfies on the rug, Lila pursuing her favorite hobby (art), playing outside because March in Texas is great, decorating the living room, and enjoying the Waco Children's Museum at Baylor.








April: The bluebonnets arrived (we didn't take any pretty photos this year), the kids had fun washing plastic eggs, and got artistic decorating Easter eggs, and someone hit us on Interstate 35 (only the car was injured).





May: My birthday which was enjoyed while learning new yoga poses, getting a hand made card from Lila, and eating some amazing salmon at a local sushi restaurant. We also joined Darren as he made his way to Utah for a business trip; the kids flew kites, walked on the moon, and visited with great-Grandfather in Colorado. My sister Clarissa also paid us a much-welcomed visit (the kids LOVED her :)










The Summer: 


We were surprised to find these camels outside the Texas State museum at the beginning of June when Clari was still visiting. 


In-N-Out came to town and the kids now know what it tastes like to be a Californian.

Darren's brother and family moved to town (YAY!!) and now we have friends to go to dinner with :) Notice how everyone's face is glued to a screen? Haha.

We convinced Darren's mom to come stay with us for the summer instead of living alone while Grandpa T was working out of state. Her birthday came shortly after she arrived and we threw her a tea party to celebrate.


Summer is for swimming...



and splashing...

and grilling by the pool…


and doing yoga by the pool!

 


We bought an old house to remodel…and we still haven't moved into it yet.

We celebrated 10 years of marriage at Austin's most incredible sushi restaurant!! (It was sooooo good!)

Dentist visit.

Lila made it to the top of the rock wall for the first time!

I participated in multiple Instagram yoga challenges and got into poses I didn't even know were possible for me! (Try this one yourself and tell me how easy you think it is!! ;)

I died my own hair red-brown and I haven't done it myself in more than a decade!

Walt looks like Toad from Super Mario :)



More yoga. Walt likes yoga too.

My first successful heel hook at the rock wall!

Lila enjoyed one of my favorite things with me.

Summer nights are for playing games.

Yup, more yoga.

Figs, glorious figs. I ordered 6 lbs of them and ate them until I was sick. They were so good.


And before we knew it, summer as we knew it was over and school had begun.

September: The creation of the Elsa wig, climbing, hiking, more yoga, a visit in San Antonio with my brother and his family and my parents, and me and Lila making bookmarks.




P.S. I am bow-legged…is anyone else in the family??







October: We enjoyed beautiful weather, had a random trip to a local military museum (we needed to stop and use the restroom…ended up being a fun stop!), Mom & son lunch at In-N-Out, Halloween!


We practically had the place to ourselves, so Walt tried out all the seats.

He didn't want his picture taken, but at least you can see I made him a vest with a tail attached so he can pretend to be a dinosaur/dragon/alligator.

My best impression of Angelina Jolie's expression…I adjusted the horns after I took this pic to get them to look better.

It was kind of cold, so we trick-or-treated at the mall. The kids loved it, and we got a lot of attention. One person even asked to have their picture taken with me. LOL, I felt like a celebrity :o)

Well, this was the short version with lots of pictures of what's been happening over here at our house. I'll try to update more frequently in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...