Skip to main content

Oct/Nov/Dec in pictures

New bike. Fall in Texas means you finally can play outside again!


Naked climbing.

More nakedness with his sister's rolling backpack (he's obsessed with it!).

Goggles in the bathtub. Why not?

Crow pose. I worked on this one quite a bit over the fall and had plenty of bruises on my triceps to prove it.

Working on hand stand.

Slow progress on the bedroom makeover. A new mirror and lamp on the nightstand can be seen.
My first time trying baby crow pose.

Sibling love.

Yoga boy. Three-legged dog is his favorite pose :o)

More sibling love. How do they both fit in there??

Friends. Our neighbor babysits her grandson on weekdays, so we play with little Oliver in the afternoons.

Sugar cookie making. 

Showing off her most requested hair-do of the season: the side braid.

She takes cookie decorating very seriously. And she likes an excessive amount of sprinkles :o)

What does the fox say? (If you haven't seen it, see YouTube for the video by that name :o)

Climbing to the top.

He's so cute but makes me so crazy at meal time. Notice that he's standing on his seat? Not cool.

Making daddy a birthday card.

I can't get enough of his snuggles, no matter how big he's getting. This is another mirror I got for my bedroom makeover, but hasn't been unboxed yet!

Bouldering. We finally tried it in October and we're hooked!

Tinkerbell at the piano.

He's still enjoying vacuuming.

I got the honors of cleaning out the pumpkin this year (i.e. no one else wanted to do it).
Carving about to happen. Lila requested a Tinkerbell pumpkin.

The finished product 3 days later. Oops, I forgot to take a pic of it before it completely rotted in record time!

Lila's Halloween party at gymnastics class.



A princess and a fox.

I know, he's too cute.

He likes to wear his sister's shades upside down.

Watercolors.

New pj's from Grandma Jones! 

Shoe obsession.

More shoe obsession.

Shoes, yet again. (Not a good choice for climbing :o)

Cooler weather allowed me to cover my bad hair days with a hat :o)

Midday nap for Lila = sick girl

Battle wounds from bouldering. Ouch.

Sibling love manifested in a new way.

This is an awesome treehouse at Lila's friends house. I got to climb it too :o)

Fun at the park.

Hahaha, learning to share with his friend! Like all the sidewalk chalk on his face?

Lila got a new bike for her birthday!

She's 5!!!

Happy birthday, Lila!

It got really cold here. Brrrr.

Look at that adorable chocolate frosting mustache!

Cousins together on our Thanksgiving trip.

Tickle time with grandma.

Tickle time with great-grandfather.

Getting handy with grandpa.


Chillin' at great-grandfather's.

Weeeeee!!


Wii time with grandpa.

Brothers. Trying to uncork a bottle with their bare hands.

More of the shoe obsession at grandma's house.

Killing time taking pics on Thanksgiving.

Feasting on our Thanksgiving meal.

The kids with grandpa and grandma.

Stuffing himself in lockers at the Provo Rec center.

This kid loves to snuggle.

Back at the park in Texas.

A series of photos of this boy's climbing shenanigans. He can't be left out of my sight for a second these days!





Cleaned up living room and our Thankful tree.

A pink bunny joined me for breakfast.

Making the house festive with a printable from our friends at caravanshoppe.com

Now that she's 5, Lila gets to join us on the rock wall.

Walter wishes he was big enough.

Impersonating daddy.

He brought this present to me one morning and started singing "Happy Birthday" and saying "please." It was hard to resist his request :o)


Riding his potty seat like a cowboy.

He loves his daddy.

Champs at the dentist.

I can't believe it took me so long to realize I could skate while playing with the kids outside. 

Singing along to a YouTube video from Frozen.

Merry Christmas! We opened presents a few days early since we were on a cruise over Christmas.


Fort Lauderdale a few hours before boarding for our cruise.



Carousel on the cruise ship.

Nassau, Bahamas.


Darren trying the FlowRider on the ship (I finally tried it a few days later).

Wild iguanas everywhere on St. Thomas, Virgin Islands on Christmas.

Merry Christmas, in St. Thomas. 

Three generations of Turetzky boys playing ping pong.

Fashion press she got for Christmas. 

Such a fun toy!

Yesterday's midday nap; sick again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...