I was so busy enjoying the end of summer with my new-found freedom from college, that I simply didn't have the time for a blog post last month. I wrote a few blog posts in my head, but I'm still waiting for someone to invent some device that can make a transcription of my thoughts :)
Here's the run down from the last 2 months:
- Walt turned 18 months at the end of August and started using a potty seat! He's been pretty consistent with using his new seat 1-2 times a day when I ask him to. I'm not pushing to potty train at this point, but I figure there's no harm in encouraging what he wants to try :)
- 2 days ago Walt turned 19 months and he continues to be the sweetest little boy. He gives lots of hugs, kisses, snuggles, AND he sleeps through the night.
- Darren is the best parenting partner--I have him to thank for Walter sleeping through the night :)
- I'm getting more sleep. I am pretty happy about this.
- Me and Lila made friends with some new neighbors. Lila has enjoyed play dates and outside play with two sisters, and I've gone to a girls night out with their mom. It's been really nice to make new friends.
- My diploma came in the mail. Pretty happy about this one too (...especially since I was under threat of having it taken from me--a story for another day!).
- Me and Darren continue to enjoy weekend squash and rock climbing at the gym.
- We welcomed the fall season in Utah. A spur of the moment trip was just what we needed to wrap up the summer.
- I've made some progress on furnishing & decorating the house, but its definitely an overwhelming task! I give major props to interior designers/decorators for what they do.
He loves to climb.
This is what I call "the landing strip." It's a place to put our keys, mail, shoes, etc. It's been really nice to have this stuff off of my kitchen counter and table!
Some favorite library finds lately.
He loves to color.
The beginning of my bedroom makeover. The little recliner Lila is sitting on was an awesome find from overstock.com.
The kids loved the box the recliner came in.
Half a cake for Walt's 1/2 birthday. We needed an excuse to make a cake :)
Another view from my bedroom. In the left corner is a mid-century dresser that I picked up from Craigslist earlier in the year. We used to have the TV on it in the living room, but it's painted blue and looks better in my room now.
Since we moved the mid-century dresser to the master bedroom, we needed something else for the TV. This is our temporary set up, which now allows for lots of finger prints on the screen (but a better viewing angle).
Siblings and friends.
Lila loves gymnastics class.
He's still so snuggly. I love it.
The boy loves cars.
Craigslist find that we've been loving for the playroom/guest room.
Progress (?) on the bedroom makeover. The headboard is new at least.
Late afternoon walks now that the weather is a bit cooler.
With all this redecorating we've made a lot of Ikea runs. Walt loves the showroom.
Maybe he just loves cozying up on a tidy bed :o)
Rainy afternoon magic. String up some Christmas lights and everything is magical!
These two are such good travelers.
Loving on their grandma.
Walt's first game of croquet.
He's a really great ball boy :o)












Comments