Today my sweet little boy is 17 months old. He truly is such a sweet boy. Lately he gives lots of kisses on the lips, bear hugs around your neck, and randomly climbs on our backs for rides around the house. He likes to try and do everything Lila does. It's been really cute to see him stand on the stool in the bathroom and try to do the teeth brushing routine just like sister (he taps his toothbrush on the side of the sink, tries to spit, etc.). He also likes to be sat on the toilet seat and he grabs some toilet paper and wipes himself (he doesn't do his business in their yet ;), just like his sis. He loves Lila and likes to play anything with her--princesses, Duplos, dancing, making music, cars, etc. He says all of our names and "no" and "yeah" quite clearly, so he's getting to be a good communicator. He loves to be outside and going on walks is a favorite of his. He points out all the small bugs on the sidewalks and giggles at them, he stops to smell the flowers, and loves to watch for birds and planes in the sky. Oh yeah, and of course he likes to pick up rocks get his hands in the dirt (is this just programmed into little boys, or what??).
While he's adorable and sweet, he's also your typical toddler in other ways. It's quite a challenge to take him shopping for longer than 20 minutes lately, and he's a handful at the library too. I just keep telling myself that it's a phase and before I know it this time will be over :)
I hope he never stops being my sweet, snugly little boy! He brings a ray of sunshine to our home and we can't imagine life without him.
 |
| Today's post-naptime hair |
 |
| Last week in the bathroom at Toys R' Us |
 |
| Just getting cozy with sister |
 |
| Admiring the flowers Grandma T. sent |
 |
| Getting his feet wet one last time before we headed home (that's why he only has the swim diaper on--he snuck away :) |
 |
| Waiting for a puppet show by his sis |
 |
| Wearing a pair of me pants around his neck (I have no idea why! Ha ha) |
 |
| Singing to us |
 |
| Games before bed with Daddy |
 |
| Learning how to play foosball at Daddy's new office |
 |
Everyone wants a ride!
Well, after leaving campus almost 2 years ago, I have finally completed the last of my courses to fulfill the requirements for graduation. I couldn't be happier!! This has been such a longtime coming; I couldn't have finished college without the help and encouragement of so many of you. Thank you!
It's amazing how free I feel now! I'm so excited to just be the mom and caretaker of our home now; no more juggling school, marriage, motherhood, and the household all at once. I have been spending the past few days trying to catch up on lost sleep. I know I'll never really catch up, but I can at least recover from the recent exhaustion of staying up until the wee hours of the morning writing!
The next things I would like to accomplish are organizing and decorating the house and prepping to teach the kids here at home this fall. I've decided I'm going to homeschool Lila for kindergarten this year instead of sending her to preschool. She misses the cut off for kindergarten this year, and I couldn't find any preschool nearby that I felt would be a good fit, so we'll see what I can do for her at home. She is enrolled in a Mothers Day Out program at the gymnastics place on T/Th, so she'll keep getting practice socializing and listening to other adults and such. I'm hoping it all works out well and hopefully next year she can perhaps go straight into first grade, since I'm pretty confident that's where she'll be academically. Anyway, I'm actually quite happy to have Lila home for another year, not to mention we have another year where travel plans don't have to be made around a school schedule. |
 |
| Last year when I walked at the August graduation ceremony. |
 |
| He was just a baby! |
 |
Glasses.com - the app Darren has put many many hours into
Last, but certainly not least, the app Darren has been working on for the last year is finally available in the Apple App Store!! If you or someone you know owns an iPad, be sure to download the app and try it out--it's truly impressive! The app is called "glasses.com". The app lets you virtually try on glasses and it really revolutionizes the shopping experience. Darren is currently working on the Android and web versions of the app, so don't fret if you don't have an iPad--soon enough it will be available to everyone.
The image below shows the app in action. The pic also happens to be the CEO of glasses.com--the generous man who allowed me the opportunity to go to Australia! |
 |
| This is how awesome the app is--you can't even tell that the sunglasses are computer generated! |
Comments