I've been slacking on getting these pictures posted. And I have no excuses. Last week was uneventful and I took most of the house pics over a week ago. I've been feeling reasonably good lately. I found that I feel really good in the mornings if I get up between 7-7:30 and immediately go for a short run, then have breakfast. With this new regimen in place I have no excuse for not being more productive. I'll be working on that this week.
I'm realizing that it's time for me to set a consistent schedule now that I'm not taking classes on campus. A schedule keeps me productive...no schedule makes me unproductive. Anyone else out there feel this way? I think I've come to the point where I should have a set laundry and cleaning times/day(s), a day and time set for weekly visits to the library, a predictable grocery shopping schedule, etc. We'll see how it goes and I'll report back. If anyone has any tips about the stay-at-home-mom schedule thing, let me know!
On to the house pics:
Other pics from this week:
I finished the quilt square on Friday and I think it's pretty cute if you don't look too closely at it. I'm not going to make a habit of making quilt squares or hand appliquéing, but it was fun to create something. It's been awhile since I've had a project to occupy me. With our new house, the upcoming ultrasound, and the holidays around the corner it shouldn't be difficult for me to find more projects for my "spare" time :o)
I'm 17.5 weeks pregnant today and the pic from this afternoon I think is evidence that I'm starting to show. (FYI, I wish Darren would coax me into making nice faces for the camera. He never says anything and then I have strange expressions on my face in all the pics he takes!) The ultrasound is 9 days away and I'm so excited to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. I've also started feeling the baby move and I love it :o)
Well, after looking back at these pics from the past week I think I will retract my statement that the week was uneventful. We went to the park several times and I finished a quilt square. Not too bad after all.
I'm realizing that it's time for me to set a consistent schedule now that I'm not taking classes on campus. A schedule keeps me productive...no schedule makes me unproductive. Anyone else out there feel this way? I think I've come to the point where I should have a set laundry and cleaning times/day(s), a day and time set for weekly visits to the library, a predictable grocery shopping schedule, etc. We'll see how it goes and I'll report back. If anyone has any tips about the stay-at-home-mom schedule thing, let me know!
On to the house pics:
This is the view when you walk in the front door. Immediately to the right is the office/study, which you can't see.
This pic is a view of the living room from the doorway of the office.
Living room looking into the dining room & kitchen. The archway/hall on the right leads to the bathroom and Lila's room. The double doors behind the dining room table contain the laundry room.
Another view from the living room. Lila's room on the left, office on the right. Right in between them is a desk which I hope will be replaced by a piano in the near future!
View of the living room and front door from the dining room.
Dining room looking into the kitchen. The kitchen is surprisingly roomy and holds my my voluminous kitchen collection in its entirety.
View from the sliding door in the dining room looking down the hall to the master bedroom.
Lila wanted her picture taken too. This is her picture face of late...I'm not a huge fan, but she's still cute :o)
Master bedroom. Not much in there right now. Has anyone submitted me for a makeover show?? Please say yes :D
View from the bed of the master bath.
The shower, which you probably can't tell from the picture, but this was a major selling point for us. There's a nice roomy linen closet on the far left too. No picture of the toilet necessary, but it's on the right behind another door.
The house pics aren't too exciting, but hopefully in the future these will be "before" pictures and I'll have some awesome "after" pics to show. I mostly put them up for the curiosity of my family :o)
Other pics from this week:
This pic was taken from outside our sliding door. A deer right across the road at the park.
Our "backyard" (right across the road) is 14 miles of trails and dozens of parks. This park is one mile up the trail from our house and we call it the dinosaur park. There is a huge covered sand pit with reproductions of dinosaur bones and water running through it. It doesn't get much better than that for a toddler.
We stayed at the dinosaur park until it got dark that night.
Then we came back a couple days later, in the morning this time.
Along with the huge sand pit there's bones and "fossils" to climb through.
Lila was being silly and gave herself bunny ears.
I finished the quilt square on Friday and I think it's pretty cute if you don't look too closely at it. I'm not going to make a habit of making quilt squares or hand appliquéing, but it was fun to create something. It's been awhile since I've had a project to occupy me. With our new house, the upcoming ultrasound, and the holidays around the corner it shouldn't be difficult for me to find more projects for my "spare" time :o)
I'm 17.5 weeks pregnant today and the pic from this afternoon I think is evidence that I'm starting to show. (FYI, I wish Darren would coax me into making nice faces for the camera. He never says anything and then I have strange expressions on my face in all the pics he takes!) The ultrasound is 9 days away and I'm so excited to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. I've also started feeling the baby move and I love it :o)
Well, after looking back at these pics from the past week I think I will retract my statement that the week was uneventful. We went to the park several times and I finished a quilt square. Not too bad after all.



















Comments