Skip to main content

Leap year, baby

Yup, it's true, we're having a baby.

We told Lila a few weeks ago and at random places and times she will just blurt out, "Mommy, you have a baby in your tummy!" It will be interesting to see what it's like for Lila to have a sibling.

I'm excited, but nervous. The idea of having two kids is kind of overwhelming right now and it seems like it was such a long time ago that I was pregnant with Lila that I kind of feel like it's the first time all over again. This pregnancy is also different. I've already had quite a bit of morning sickness (and not just in the morning!) compared to just a little nausea with Lila. Maybe the extra sickness can just be chalked up to the stress of pregnancy + summer school + moving + taking care of the family. I sure hope so anyway.

Despite the bouts of morning sickness I feel incredibly blessed that everything has gone so well this summer and that I've had my wonderful husband and his family to help out when I've needed it.

The only real disappointment for me has been my food aversions and sudden desire to have nothing to do with cooking. Not that anyone noticed, but this is why my Mrs. Dairy-free site has been neglected for weeks. I look forward to my appetite and love of cooking to return. Next week will mark the beginning of the 2nd trimester...crossing my fingers.

In other news we made it safely and quickly to Austin. We left Utah at 8:30am on Thursday, spent the night in Santa Rosa, NM and then arrived in Austin 8:30pm on Friday night. Maybe we've become too familiar with cross-country road trips, but we thought it wasn't too bad. Lila proved to be the perfect travel companion as well, which helped the traveling go smoothly. The iPod Touch entertained her nearly the whole time. Best kid's "toy" ever.

Darren had his first day of work at National Instruments today and he said he has about 5 weeks of training and such before he gets to really start his job. The benefits are good and the company is super chill. He got to wear shorts and flip flops to work and he said about half the people were dressed that way. It's a good thing 'cause Austin's having record breaking heat this summer!

Now the search is on for more permanent housing. Wish us luck! I'll update when we have more news :o)

Comments

Whitney said…
Oh, Adria. We are so happy for you guys! We miss you a lot and have been thinking about you and hoping all things are going well. I am SO EXCITED about your baby #2. :)
Meghan said…
Maybe you are having a boy, and that's why this pregnancy is different :)

I'm so so excited for you! It will be fun for Lila to have a playmate. I hope things continue to go smoothly and your food aversions go away! Glad you guys made it safely to Texas!! Keep the updates coming :)
Sarah said…
Congrats!! Thanks for your comment on my blog as well. Gary said he thought he saw Darrin yesterday. Give me a call and we can hang out. (512) 827-1857
Kelly said…
YAY! I'm so excited for you! I'll bet it's a boy! Glad you made it safely to Texas and things are going well. Keep us posted!

P.S. I'm guessing it's a boy! I was sick all the time with Owen and HATED food/cooking!

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...