Skip to main content

Milestones

#1. I am happy to reveal the most recent picture of Lila. Notice anything? Lila has enough hair for pigtails!! She really looks like a little girl now that she can wear pigtails. When I put her into the pigtails on Friday and let her see in the mirror she made the most adorable expressions in the mirror. It was obvious that she adores her pigtails as much as I do!


#2. Two weeks ago I took the personal training exam and I am happy to tell you all that I am a National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer! Just one year ago I had very little interest in personal training. As I took the personal trainer prep class at school I decided it was something I really wanted to do. I believe that everyone can benefit from a personal trainer and I hope to help people reach their fitness goals and most importantly, become functionally fit. Fire away with any questions you might have, I would love to help anyone who's interested! And by the way, if you have no idea what functional fitness is, check out this video and see if you can pass the functional fitness screening test.

#3. I am getting so close to graduation that I can almost feel it. I have one semester of classes left and a 200 hour internship. With the help of a classmate, I got an interview for an internship at the women's gym, Curves. I had never been to a Curves before, but the idea of working exclusively with women was appealing. I went to my interview on Monday and was accepted as an intern for the spring. They are extremely flexible (mostly because it's unpaid) and told me I am welcome to put in my hours as quickly or as slowly as I would like. This is a huge relief for me to have this lined up for the spring. BYU offers virtually no help in getting an internship for my major and this was becoming a little stressful for me. Needless to say, I am very happy that I was able to quickly find an internship that would suit me so well.

#4. Darren received his first out-of-state job interview. Darren had his first interview with the company, National Instruments, at the BYU technical career fair at the beginning of this month. The company is so interested in Darren that they're willing to fly me out to Austin, Texas with him for the weekend! Off to 75+ degree weather for us this weekend--we couldn't be more excited!

Comments

Clarissa O. said…
Congrats Adria! That's so cool about Curves! Hope you guys have fun in Texas this weekend.
Meghan said…
That's so cool! Congrats on the personal trainer certification and almost-being-done-with-school! Enjoy Texas too, that sounds like fun. Oh, and Ethan loves the jumper. Thanks for letting us borrow it!
Bassetts said…
The word that comes to mind...Woohoo! Yeah for pigtails - Lila looks so cute. Yeah for your certification, internship, and graduation approaching. Congrats to Darren. Hope all works out for you guys. So exciting the things going on. Let me know when you can play! We miss you!
Kelly said…
WOW! That's so great Adria! Lila looks so grown up. crazy how a few months can change those little babes! So...I've been working out tons, but can't seem to get my body the way I'd like...of course it doesn't help that nursing makes me want to eat ALL DAY! Got any advice, nutritionally or otherwise?! Miss ya

Popular posts from this blog

All the emotions

Moving of course brings up all sorts of thoughts and feelings. As I declutter and go through all of our stuff I get distracted with the memories that items bring up. I've had moments of sadness and feeling like time flies far too quickly. But of all the feelings, the most overwhelming one has been joyful gratitude. All my reflections on these years here in Austin, and most especially this last year have made me realize how far I've come in my life. This year I have achieved just about all I could ever hope for in life. I've come to love life with all it's ups and downs. I've learned how to roll with the punches and keep my chin up when things get tough. I've truly learned to put myself at the top of the priority list. I have more of myself to give than ever before. I've learned how to give and receive friendship. I've come to love and accept myself as I am. I know I am stronger than ever (and not just my muscles, but truly I think I am physically at my...

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...