Skip to main content

It's official...she's WALKING!

At 15 months Lila has decided to walk. We've known for months that if she would just give it a try, that she could do it. Last Thursday we got her to take 6 six steps to reach the iPod Touch, but it wasn't until Sunday that she began walking around without being bribed! Just yesterday she figured out how to stand up without using anything to help her up. So it's official: we have a toddler!

I will hopefully post some videos this weekend so everyone can see. I know I keep promising video, but I haven't had time to edit any video yet, soooo...hopefully this weekend! Otherwise, about 5 more weeks until I get my freedom back (aka end of the semester)! We'll see if my new blog header I'm working on makes it up before then also :o)

Comments

smalltowngirl said…
Yeah! I knew she could do it. Time to start baby proofing everything just to leave and do it again at your apartment :) Great times.

Popular posts from this blog

Going private, send your e-mail to keep reading!!

Well, I've found out that a middle aged man has been coming on my blog and looking at pictures of my children.  I am obviously very uncomfortable with this, so it's time to go private. I'm happy to let any of you continue reading, as long as I know you and know you're not creepy! Just post your e-mail address and I'll add it to the list :o)

Lila is 2!!

Where did the time go? My baby is two and not really a baby at all. We love her to pieces and can't imagine life without her. She continues to learn things quickly and is already starting to read. Just kidding!! Just wanted to see if you were reading my post. Lila loves to learn, but she's not a genius (sorry sweetie--your genes aren't that good!). Lately she's been learning the sounds the letters make (she learned the alphabet at 16 mos.) and by sight she recognizes the words "cat", "dog", "Mom", "Dad", and "Lila." She knows all the colors (although her colorblindness sometimes gets her mixed up on red and green...those darn genes again!), shapes, and numbers 1-15. She enjoys singing, playing the "I Spy" game, running, climbing, going to nursery on Sunday, bike rides, looking at books, and going to the library. Oh yeah, and did I mention that she likes chocolate just as much as I do?? Maybe I shouldn't ha...

The long version & his name

I started working on this post on Wednesday, but I've been sick with a cold and desperately trying to get rest, so here it is Friday and I'm finally finishing it up! Monday morning I woke up with a sore throat and a cough. I thought I had escaped getting sick like Darren and Lila, but I wasn't feeling great so I slept in until 9am. Me and Lila hung out at home resting all day Monday. I spent so much time on the couch in the living room that I started sketching and making decorating/rearranging plans for the living room. I pinned curtain and art ideas on Pinterest and started pricing out my plans. When a friend invited Lila over for a play date on Tuesday, I started making plans for hitting up the craft store and beginning my living room makeover the next day. After Darren got home and we got Lila to bed, I found some energy and began rearranging the living room and straightening up the house. Then at 10:30pm I decided to do a short yoga practice, took a shower at 11, ...