
This is way overdue, but I thought I better post something about my baby's first birthday so I don't forget it happened!
Some of you may know that Darren has food allergies. Because of this I was very cautious about introducing new foods to Lila as well as feeding her nutritious homemade foods exclusively during her first year. For her birthday I decided to forgo the traditional sugar-filled birthday cake. Instead we had blueberry muffins that were sweetened with fruit juice instead of refined sugar. Lila loved them, as well as everyone else in the family!
Lila still has not had cake and has had only a couple of tastes of sweets. She is a good eater and her favorite foods are olives, brown rice, and beans of just about any variety. I have been practicing something called "baby-led weaning" with her, and one of these days I will blog about that.
In case anyone is interested, here's a link to the blueberry muffin recipe:
Comments